1. How long have you been in franchising?
2. How many franchised businesses are you running at the moment?
41 and growing
3. May I interview any number of these franchisees? And may I choose whom I interview?
Yes please feel free to talk to any of our Franchisees, we call them Senior Partners their contact details are on: Find a Specialist
4. What does your head office organisation consist of?
CNA is the executive search arm of the Pertemps Network Group Ltd. We are based at 7 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1NP, United Kingdom. The Pertemps Head Office is in Meriden
5. How many franchise business failures have been experienced by your franchisees?
Since 2008 we have had three, all three recovered the franchise fee through placements but did not feel recruitment was right for them
6. How selective are you in choosing the franchisees?
Very, we spend a lot of time making sure CNA is right for you and that the work we do is going to allow you to grow the type of business you wish to own
7. What does the franchise opportunity cost? What is included in the price? What fees do you charge?
• The investment into franchising with CNA is £30,000 plus VAT
• We charge an ongoing 12.5% of fees billed as our management charge
8. What capital costs will be incurred in addition to this price? And what will these costs be for?
• There are no additional capital costs
• You will need a computer, phone and your own internet access
9. How much working capital do I need?
You will need to cover your cost of living, and we suggest for six months, to ensure you are financially comfortable
10. What will be the gross profit margin and what costs will I incur in arriving at a net profit? (Do these figures take my salary and depreciation into account?)
• For a person working from home the profit margin will be close to 65% but as you bring on more consultants to work with you this will drop to about 35% because of salaries
• This does not take into account income taken out of the business
11. May I see actual accounts which confirm or fail to confirm your projections?
You can see the overall management fees earned but accounts are confidential to individual franchisees
12. What financing arrangements can you make and what terms for repayment will there be?
See question 7, if more funding is needed in the UK we introduce you to a number of leading UK banks through the Enterprise Finance Guarantee loan scheme that is backed by the UK Government.
13. Can I have a copy of the franchise contract?
Yes but we like to meet you first
14. Am I obliged to purchase any supplies of goods and materials from you?
Yes.We use a company wide database (CRM) called Zoho that franchisees need to use
15. What advertising and promotional expenditure do you incur? Do I have to contribute to it, if so how much?
• We are head-hunters so there is no additional expenditure
• Some of our Franchisees advertise and we can provide access to advertising at the same competitive rate as Pertemps is charged
16. Can I work from home or do I need an office?
• Yes you can work from home, if you have a room/office to work from
• We advise in the long term that you work from an office when your business can afford to
17. What initial services do you offer to franchisees?
• Business planning
• Help setting up your business
• Marketing and Microsite setup
• Back office support
• Full factoring of your fees for cash flow